Developing or having an own language of something is quite natural. This can occur for the fact that it makes it much easy to communicate. You can find such languages everywhere, whether it is some very serious professions or the most frivolous of activities. In case you are new to this field then you have to learn this language in order to master the depths of various areas. The Indian rummy is also not an exception in this. It is one of the most popular card game played in most of the Indian villages and cities by both men and women. It is normally played with 2 Decks of cards with 2 Picture Jokers and 13 cards by each player. 2 to 6 players can play a game together. But recently this game has attained even more reach and popularity due to the move on to the web world. Since, rummy also has its fair share of passionate followersand hence it also has its own language. If one can grasp this language in its entirety then that person can not only know what others are saying but can also play expertly.If you are still oblivious about this language then you have landed on the right page. Read on as in this post I will be telling you all about this language that will help you to hone your skills in playing rummy. So, let’s get started.
The Terms That Comprise The Indian Rummy Online Language:
- Life: If you are talking about life in Indian rummy then it means the formation of the natural sequence. This is an undoubtedly an essential component of the game as having a natural run decides whether you get to formulate other sets and sequences or you can use the joker or whether all your cards are deadwood cards. So the next time you hear someone say the word life in rummy games then be sure that they have a natural run.
- Scoot: This is often a term used when the player feels that his/her cards are too bad and they want to drop. In this way you will incur some points but it may not be as high as what you would incur if you played the game with hopeless cards and lost. The other terms used for this are drop, quit etc.
- Blind: This term is used when a player decides to discard a card without considering whether it is useful to others or not. Remember going blind does not mean you have lost your sight but it suggests that you are taking a blind step in your game.
- Stake:The stake refers to the amount that you need to put in to play a points game. This is usually calculated by multiplying the point value that players have decided with the maximum points for a game. This amount has to be contributed by the player to participate in the game.
- Meld: Meld or melding is a term that suggests nothing but the arranging of cards in sets or runs as per the rules of the game. As a player you need to know the most acceptable way of melding cards within a given period of time especially in the online game where the melding is usually limited by a specific time.
- Penalty: This may usually occur when a player declares a winning hand, but is found to be not correct. In such cases the player incurs maximum points for a game which is 80.
- Wild card: This is nothing but another name for joker cards. These as you are aware can be used to fill in for a missing card in a sequence or set and in Indian rummy carry no points. However use of wild cards or jokers is possible only after the formation of natural rummy.
In A Nutshell:
So I believe that with the explanation of these words frequently used by Indian rummy players during the game will definitely help you understand better and play even more like a pro. If you have any other queries with the game and its nitty gritty then feel free to drop them in the space below and I will be addressing them in the upcoming posts. Till then share this post with your friends and keep following this post for more related updates.